You must have a Bucket List
It is enormous fun (and inspirational) to make a bucket list containing all the Cambodian sights you want to see and tours you plan to join; who knows, it might be the one and only chance you get to see and experience these places. It also means that you will be truly prepared to enjoy your Khmer adventure from the get-go.
Most of the following can be arranged at your hotel or pre-booked with our partner tour company in Siem Reap.
- Angkor Wat – Obviously
- Anlong Veng – Burial Place of Pol Pot
- Battambang – Away from the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
- Eating Scorpions – If that is your thing you will find plenty of sellers in Pub Street, Siem Reap.
- Visit a charity – Grace House Community Centre is as good as you will find.
- Cycling – Get on your bike and journey into the countryside. This journey takes you from PP to Kampong Cham.
- Kampong Thom – Angkorian monuments and temples without the crowds of Angkor Wat.
- Preah Vihear – Off the beaten track and great temples and bridges.
- Kampong Cham – Is there a bit of a daredevil in you. Try the bamboo bridge!
- Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by bicycle – for the cycling fans
- Ratanakiri – The essential Heart of Darkness
- For the road less traveled – Banteay Chhmar
- If you are going to Cambodia around April you must take in a Water Festival. Party with the locals – true joy.
- Don’t miss the bus! The Cambodian bus network is adventurous. Find a friend and pick a destination. You will love it.
- Salt and pepper. Kampot pepper is known throughout the culinary world and rightly so. However, Kampot has salt and mountains and waterfalls. Definitely worth a visit to pick your own. Get the bus ^^^
Essential Travel Items
Be prepared for all eventualities by checking out our essential travel items page. Please note that this page is restricted in some countries and the page is so extensive that it can be a bit slow to load – but it is worth the wait.
Before you fly you should check out our insider secrets to booking a hotel room. We know a thing or 2 about hotels.
If you have questions about any of our bucket list ideas or want to add your own – lets us know – we will be all too happy to have a chat.